Week 1 run 1 finished, finally!

Hi everyone, I've been lurking since March when I first attempted c25k and failed miserably. I really needed to get some weight off first as I'm massively overweight (even now) but over 2 stone down and tonight (after lots of walking and doing little interval runs for a few weeks) I've finally done it!

I know the first run is just the beginning and it only gets harder but it feels like a huge milestone to be able to do all the runs at all.

Thank you to everyone who posts great advice, you've helped me stay focused when i might have given up x

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

10 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Brilliant weight loss so far! Welcome, and congratulations for completing run one.

• That's a brilliant milestone - well done you for persevering!

• Well done you! And losing 2 stone as well. I know personally how hard it is. I'm overweight too and just completed w7r1 of 25 mins.

I won't lie and say it gets easier but it's a wonderful feeling when you've finished that "run" - I shuffle more than run!!!

My tip is to stretch - it's really helped me.

Good luck and hope you enjoy the challenge - have to admit I think I'm hooked!

• Wow week 7, that's amazing. Congratulations!

I'm nervous about the time increases but I didn't feel too bad today. Stopped once during the walking to stretch out my calf again then I was fine.

• It was only a few weeks ago I was where you are and nervous too and dragging my legs along because the calf muscles hurt so much! Once I started stretching much more it's gradually become more bearable.

If I could send a message back to myself when in week one it would be to say "you really can do this! And stretch more!"!!!

You sound so determined too!

• Well done to you and brilliant weight loss that's a great achievement!

You are showing great determination and resolve ... keep up the good work!

You should be very proud πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸ‘

• Thanks! I really am. Especially remembering how I sputtered and gasped my way through my first attempt 😁

• Well done on getting started, Aimee. And on your weight loss! I'm not really sure that I would say it gets worse... Some days are really hard, some are delightful... It is very much about going slowly enough to be able to enjoy. Very difficult sometimes.

• True. I don't want to rush its taken so long just to get here I'm happy to go slow and steady and repeat if needed. Thanks

• Hiya , well done !!! I remember my first run , I lasted 27 seconds and collapsed in a heap in tears !! Thankfully it had a positive effect and made me more determined to succeed .

To be honest , i was stuck on week 2 for 2 months .. somehow I couldn't get past it , but I stuck at it and got there in the end .

Keep going and good luck , it doesn't matter how long it takes , the fact you are lapping everyone on the sofa is a good thing

You may also like...