Couch to 5K
54,949 members87,488 posts

Week5 run 1

Managed it!! I am sure I was passed by a constipated snail but i didnt stop. I actually overtook a couple of pedestrians while i was running. One was ambling along with a couple of dogs and the other was an elderly gentleman, but still, it felt like an achievement.

Rather proud that i kept running up the hill that has defeated me in the past. Next run Saturday. Cant wait.

7 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done I start week 5 on Monday kinda dreading it but I no I can do it thinking positive

I was too. Noone was more surprised than me that I did it. I used loads of the ideas from people on this forum. Head up shoulders back and telling myself I can do it with each step. And slowly, slowly , slowly!!!

1 like

There's nothing better than achieving the goal of running up a hill that's previously defeated you. Have fun on Saturday.

Thanks!! Its not much of a hill really, but it feels good to have conquered it!

Nice post. Well done- I'm sure the elderly gent was very sprightly :)

When I click on your message NHS Health Unlocked suggests some topics to click on, presumably based on the words in the paste.

Your "constipated snail" prompts "ANAL AND RECTAL CONDITIONS"

2 likes

Lol. I might give that a miss😀

Go you!!!! yeay!! And what is wrong with constipated snail pace might I add !!! :)

1 like

You may also like...