Big smile here: C25K done!

Hi all, big smile here, I have just completed run 9.3!

After having concentrated the last few runs on my usual hilly course, I wanted to finish in style on the much easier flat riverside course. I ran for 34:12 minutes and covered 6.05km! When I went for run 1.1 on 15th March, I would never have thought this to be possible.

Now I will enjoy two rest days (actually gardening with the wife) and reward myself with a nice sushi family dinner tomorrow.

The plan after that is to keep the weekly routine of three runs alternating the flat and the hilly course. I want to do this for the next 4 weeks in order to prove myself that I am capable of keeping this up without the disciplining effect of Laura's podcast. Then I will see, probably gradually lengthening the riverside run.

For all of you out there in the middle of C25K and thinking about starting it: go for it! This is the best gift I ever made myself!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Wow thanks for sharing that. I just finished week 3 and I'm trying to imagine me there in just six weeks time😀Don't forget to collect your badge! Well done🥇🏃🏻🥇🏃🏻👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

• Fantastic! Well done. Go you! So inspiring - a large bit of me doesn't believe I could ever aspire to such a result, but I did actually walk 8 miles (in a mere 2.5 hours) through the rolling sussex downs (with a pub stop for lunch) the other weekend and there was a time when I would have doubted I could do that (walking poles are a really good idea for dodgy terrain and steep bits). I'm trying not to care about the final outcome of my C25k - but I'm afraid I do!!!

• Well done, that's fantastic. Of course you'll keep it up without Laura. I took Laura with me on my first post grad run but since then have used my own music and been fine.

Happy Running!

• Congratulations! How about coming over to the Bridge to 10k forum when you are ready.

• ~ ~ ~ F A N T A S T I C ! ! ~ ~ ~ W E L L ~ D O N E ! !

• Fantastic! Mucho congratulations! :D

• Congratulations Graduate! :)

• Excellent!

• Well done 🎉

You may also like...