W3 R1 - I did it!

W3 R1 - the one with the 3minute runs!

I did it. Two weeks ago I could barely run for the 1 minute - I really didn't think I'd manage 3 minutes (twice) plus 2 lots of 90 seconds. I did find the 2nd 3 minute run really tough, but I just kept going and now I'm so glad I did - and I can chill for the rest of the weekend!

The interesting thing was that at the end of the first 90 second run I recovered and could speak and breathe normally much more quickly than I managed on my last run - so things must be improving/progressing.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

10 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Well done - I'm W3 R2 this morning and feel the same! Complete non runner and cannot believe I've managed 3 mins in one go!!

• It's amazing! on W1R1 I didn't think I'd manage the minute! - and I barely did!

The thing is liked about the run this morning was that there were only 4 lots of running to do!!!

• Yeah it does feel like it's over quicker!

• Well done you. Little by little, day by day you are getting fitter and stronger. Each run counts towards the next. Enjoy the journey!

• Well done! You are going to be continually amazed at what you are capable of whilst following this programme- and how good it makes you feel!

• Thank you all!

You spur me on to do it - I didn't want to come on here and say I hadn't done it, I wanted to be able to shout "I DID IT!!!"

• That's amazing! Well done!

• Really Well done !

Take the rest of the weekend off, you've earned it :-) xxx

• Fantastic, your recovery time will get faster as you get fitter.

It feels tough now but it is surprising how quickly your fitness levels will increase & you will look back and be amazed at how far you can run. Keep going & let us know how you are progressing, we are all cheering you on x

• Fabulous, well done!

You may also like...