Determined

I started couch to 5k about five weeks ago after losing four stones in weight. I was happily working through week 3 when the app reinstalled with the new version and I lost my progress! Undeterred I thought I would start again as I like seeing the progress I made on the app. Sad I know. I'm mid way through week three now. Proud of myself as I fitted in a run today after work, before sorting horses and attending a meeting. It was very chilly too! Trying to be disciplined about the days I run so I don't fall behind. I already can feel a difference in my fitness. I can't imagine running for half an hour quite yet but I couldn't imagine running at all five weeks ago so I suppose anything is possible.

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Anything is possible. Trust in the plan and trust in your body. You will get there!

• Anything really is possible - and you will get there!

• Well done ! You are really doing a great job. Now that you have lost all that weight you've been rejuvenated🙂 Running regularly will help you keep the weight off. Stick with your healthy eating way of life and you won't know yourself in a bit 😃

I have kept my weight off for years in November. Running definitely helps. Oh, and walking everywhere too 😃

Keep going nice and steady. No hurry 🙂

• That's brilliant progress. I was similar and started the running plan after losing four stone and lost the fifth stone once I started. Due to an unconnected health issue I have now had to stop running but I got from being a total non runner to running the full 5k and was then able to work on increasing my speed. I felt brilliant when on the plan with so much more energy and a really positive outlook. It is amazing what we are capable of by following the plan.

You may also like...