Couch to 5K
71,077 members103,222 posts

First Park Run Ever!!!

(hope I don't offend anyone with that meme... it just makes me laugh... really lol)

So - the Park Run!

You - all of you with your replies - I "blame" you!!

I'm so excited - going out for my first Park Run this Saturday!

Seriously - your support and encouragement are inspiring!

Thank you!

x

12 Replies
oldestnewest

Have fun! No park runs near me so never been to one but heard good things on this forum :)

1 like

You might want to double check... there seem to be new Runs popping up on a regular basis - it wasn't that long ago that there were absolutely none anywhere near me!!

2 likes

Will check it out!

This is a great app for locating nearby parkruns. I've used it when travelling and on holiday too!

touristtool.mybluemix.net

Thanks for that- very useful. But as I thought, the nearest parkrun is 3 hours drive away! I might contact the local running club and see if anyone has considered starting a Parkrun.

Brilliant meme, I think many of us can relate to that! Good luck with the parkrun, you can do it!

3 likes

thanks, Res.

:-)

Go for it! You'll love it I'm sure!😆

1 like

I'm so excited!!

1 like

Me too runananana. I signed up yesterday and will attend my first park run Sat morning.

I got inspired too by some colleagues at work. I was going to wait a few weeks (I graduated on Monday) but then I thought 'what's the worst that can happen'? I'll just walk to finish it if I need too...

wishing you lots of luck!

3 likes

But ultimately, you're a DevonRunner :-) Best of luck to you - and don't forget what Laura says about pushing yourself :-)

(that's what i was thinking about the 'what's the worst that can happen' : I'll take a minute to catch my breath. Big deal :-) )

1 like

Oh good luck ladies..have fun.😊

I laughed our loud at your meme too.. sadly very true😅

You may also like...