Outside again - hurt like hell

So I ve just run outside for the first time in 16 weeks due to my scleroderma feet and it hurt like hell. On the one hand I ran for 20 mins which is what I set out to do but only covered 2.5k which is disappointing oh so very slow( not that I was ever fast my fastest 5k was 36 mins) but the gremlins battle was insane. First 5 mins, your definitely going to die, next 5 mins ok we will let you go a bit further so you can die in a country lane where no one will find you, the last 10 mins ok we will let you run but you look like a puffing beetroot about to keep over. Really not looking forward to a repeat of that!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Those beastly gremlins :( Don't let them get you down - you did it! 20 mins! You know that speed will follow later - this was just about getting outside again. Well done!

• But you did it, well done!

Try to enjoy the outside - blossom, grass, sunshine, clouds, lambs, whatever. Lots of interesting landmarks to aim to reach. Must be much more interesting than a treadmill run.

You may also like...