Couch to 5K
60,215 members92,879 posts

Week 5 run 2

Week 5 run 2

Ok so it's 2 x 8 min runs. 13 runs ago I was struggling with 90 second stints... however everyone says stay with the programme.. it's doable.

First 8 mins. First 5 mins was relatively easy but mins 6 7 and 8 got harder. To be expected I think. Legs were good. Breathing ok, but head was saying this is a long way... head shut the hell up. We are doing this.. First 8 mins done. Hey guess what.... I can run (ish) for 8 mins without stopping now.

Run 2 yes it was harder lots harder... It was a real struggle but I did it . I was so very very slow for the last minute but I managed it

If you want an idea as to how hard Che k out my top below. I feel like someone has just poured hot water over me

Run safe lovelies

Kerry

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done you, you did it 😁🎉

I did the same run tonight, but I didn’t hear Laura mention the 8 mins otherwise I’d of been the same. Doesn’t it feel amazing 😁 you can do this, one more run to do and your over the hump week and it’s a downward slope to your fantastic graduation 😎🎉

Congrats! I really recommend getting some polyester tops to run in - cotton just becomes like a soaked towel. (Yep, I sweat a lot too!)

1 like

Check these out too..

bambooclothing.co.uk/shop/b...

1 like

I love their clothes for walking in too. Good socks.

1 like

Ooh nice burnt orange.

1 like

Very well done...just do what you are doing... and be really pleased with yourself. Keep it slow and keep it steady :)

Hey Dudders 61. Well done you. Same run for me tomorrow morning. Let's hope I do as well as you.

1 like

Slow and steady miss.... those last 3 mins in run two are positively evil lol.... You'll be great

Hey Dudders61. W5r2 done. Very slow and steady but done. I can't believe I'm running! Harrell Williams sang HAPPY to me as I did the warm down walk and I really felt it to. Bring on r3. Good luck with yours we can smash this. P x

1 like

Nice one. Told you that you would be great. 20 mins next which does seem like an awfully long time. 😳. Slow but sure tho.

Bring on tomorrow 😉

Well done Kerry! You me and Jay66UK should start a new forum support network ‘Men who sweat!’ 😂😅 I always think it means you’ve had a proper work out and not just been pussy footing around!

3 likes

You may also like...