Week 8

R1, Saturday 18 March 2017

Today’s run confirms why I stopped keeping the diary two years ago: there’s nothing, really, to write about. I do remember when I did it back in 2015 that it felt that a 3-minute increase in running time from Week 7 was too small, and that I'd never reach 5K at that rate. Having read posts on the forum, I now appreciate why it's such gradual progress. And running is much more a natural part of my day instead of the palaver it used to be. Had a walk in nearby country park with daughter-in-law and grandson later in the afternoon. In the past, would have thought that a run was enough fresh air for one day.

R2, Tuesday 22 March

Gorgeous day, fabulous blue sky inviting me out. So why do I still have this feeling of anxiety before I go? Once I’m on my way, I’m fine. Have been listening to Laura’s podcast throughout the programme this time, mostly out of a sense of 'can’t be bothered to try anything else', but maybe it’s also to relax into the familiarity and know what to expect. Noticed that despite a residual cough from a recent cold, my breathing isn’t at all affected by running for 28 minutes. That’s a lot of progress from a few weeks ago!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Whoops, that should have been Tuesday 21 March!

• Good luck with your running!

I think a lot of people keep a diary for their own use. I keep more of a log which is time, distance, pace, weather conditions , how i felt etc. Its of no interest to anyone else but I find it useful particularly if i have a bad run or pick up a niggle. I can look back at anything of note.

• Well done. Good stuff.

Running is different things to different people but enjoying it, in our different ways, is the most important thing.

You may also like...