Wind, rain, and feeling no shame. W1R3 complete

I was rather dubious as I looked out the window at the end of the working day. At an elevated position it looked like we were actually in a blustery rain cloud "I'm really going to run in that?" I questioned myself. Having set myself the final hurdle (running after work) it seemed I was to tackle two. But that was as far as that old me self defeating attitude got. Sod the rain, could be quite cooling!

Running on grass across a near by estate it certainly wasn't the glorious vista I'd been hoping for. After halfway through I figured I could use my trusty headband to block about the piercing wind and sheets of rain. Didn't imagine it would be ear pain I'd need to alleviate on my third run!

After half way I was fully enjoying myself and feeling much more capable than I could have hoped only 5 days ago. I am looking forward to leveling up and actually running further than I'm walking!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Congratulations! You should be very proud of yourself. With this attitude you will be running 5k non-stop in no time :) All the best!

• Good stuff and well done.

Most of us like a rainy run but the horizontal stuff isn't much fun.

• Wow, well done!! Week one done and dusted!! Isn't it amazing how you can feel your body becoming fitter?! Well done for going out in the crazy-sounding rain!

Week 2, we're coming for you...

• Good for you! It's an amazing feeling to actually be doing it, isn't it?

• Well done, great effort! I have my W1R3 to do this Friday, done the last two in the rain so hoping it's dry!

You may also like...