Week 2 Run 1

I have completed the first run in the week 2 today and by the 3rd 90 second run I actually found myself enjoying it. Think I must have masochistic tendencies! My legs now feel like lead but I am particularly proud of myself as I had to take last week off as it was half term and it's only been 3 months since I had spinal surgery. I am now looking forward to Wednesday when I can do it again. What do you all do on your rest days? I was looking at doing pilates or strength work out?

Any opinions gratefully received!

Ruth

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done!!! 😎

• Well done! Especially since you recently had surgery! :)

I go swimming once a week and signed up for a Pilates class too.

• There are the strength and flexibility podcasts too, they're supposed to complement C25K.

• What a star, especially so soon after your op. Well done.

I like walking, swimming, aquafit and a class called Core Stability. But I don't do all of these every week. I have to fit in the rest of my life somewhere!

• Well done! You could try the NHS strength and flex podcasts? Walking is fine also.

• Well done. I do Yoga once a week on my rest days. And try to get on the exercise bike on the days when I'm not running but don't always manage it

• Thanks everyone, I have downloaded the strength and flexibility podcast and will give them a go tomorrow.

You may also like...