W2R1 - before the sunrise!

Well - who'd have thought it?! Me - lazy old me - up at 6am to go for a run! I honestly never thought that would happen... there was something quite peaceful about running before sunrise, watching sleepy commuters plod towards the station as I - er - plodded past them...

I totally lost count of the 90 second runs though - I worked out that I should have done 6 but I think on the podcast Laura only asks us to do 5...? Anyhow, I ended up a fifteen minute walk away from home when she said 'right, this is your last run' so I may have slightly sprinted that one... oops

Now need to speed into my shower and head to work - hope everyone else has a great week! 😊

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done. You can feel smug the rest of the day now🙂

• Fabulous! and doesn't it make you feel good? I love running in the early morning and watching the sunrise. :D

• Well done! The programme really does change us and we end up doing all sorts of things we never thought we would! :)

• Didn't think about running in the morning, might give that a go Wednesday as I can't do the evening. Good luck for your next run ☺

• It was very early but it felt good to be out there before the light - definitely set me up for the day! I might try an evening run on weds to compare. Let me know how yours goes 😊

• Will do 😊

• Amazing! Well done you. And you almost got me to think about setting the alarm that little earlier, but nah, ;) think i'm gonna brave the countryside area around my school after work tomorrow for my final week 1 run - it's a toss up between risking one of the little darlings seeing me hyperventilating or a tonne of commuters in a city park - Not sure I can win on that one!

You may also like...