Couch to 5K

The barking walrus can run!

Ok, I finally admit it. I'm beginning to see the fun in this! Having had a whole week off and still in some trepidation, I've picked up where I left off and have returned triumphant from w5r1. Now I know for many this is not a landmark event but I'm completely flabbergasted! Indeed my flabber has never been quite so gasted.

Needless to say the walrus, still sitting in my chest, is now hacking away like a good 'un. But besides sounding as if I'm about to shuffle off this mortal coil, I feel fantastic!

Thanks for all the advice, I'd probably have given the whole thing up without it.

9 Replies
oldestnewest

Great post, good to see you starting where you left off. I did this on my c25k training when the kids kindly gave me their hideous cough/cold. A week later and I was surprised that I hadn't lost it. That still concerns me now though having 10 days off from 10k. The feeling doesn't change but you have reminded me that I was OK before. Hope your cough settles down.

2 likes

Glad you are feeling better.. Just keep an eye ( ear) out for that chest,,, the lurgy monsters are sneaky!

You are doing brilliantly..just keep it slow and steady :) Bring Week 5 Run 2 on ? :) x

1 like

Wednesday hopefully- I'm in Durham and have a job interview the next day so we'll see!!

1 like

Love Durham, our daughter did her Masters at Newcastle.. so we visited around there a lot!

Good luck with the interview!

Good luck for the run too, and apologies for the, 'look after your chest' comment.. I sometimes forget I am not other people's Mum!! :)x

2 likes

Always happy to receive a bit of mothering!

2 likes

Make some time and room for your flabber to be gasted quite a few more times!

Well done, well done! (to you and the walrus)😊😊

1 like

Hooray, another one hooked! Well done! Seeing the potential for fun is only the beginning... :) Flabber gasted - love that!!! :D

1 like

I've celebrated with a pair of Bluetooth "sports earphones". I've never required anything with the word "sports" in before!!

1 like

It starts with one purchase. Before you know it your running gear will be taking over your wardrobe!!

1 like

You may also like...