Couch to 5K

A run in the sun with snowdrops!

A run in the sun with snowdrops!

Blue skies here today, mild weather and SUN😊....

No excuse not to run, so I took Laura out for another Week 9 run. I'm giving it a bit longer before I start the 'Bridge' runs again.

It was lovely to feel the sun on my face and I settled into a relaxed pace. At the top of the hill my mouth felt very dry so I walked on the spot for a few secs and took a sip of water. This helped and onto the second 15 mins of my run. As I got to the entrance of the agrecultural college I spotted these snowdrops... oh..I just had to stop and take a piccy. They are only tiny, and must have worked very hard to push their way up through the ground which has been frozen up until a couple of days ago. But they did it..and Floss I'm sharing then with you...😊

Back to my run (Laura paused) and to make up for stopping I ran an extra few minutes at the end. I find I'm running easier and more relaxed after 25 mins and for the last bit can stride out a bit... (promising😆)

Happy running everyone. xx

5 Replies
oldest • newest

Simply beautiful.. thank you my friend...:)

A run in the Sun.. gorgeous....:) We have had so much grey murk here, I feel positively elated when I see the sunshine :)

I am hoping it may be sunny here tomorrow too... it has been today.. and a tad milder as well.

Your run sounds lovely...you clearly had a lovely time, and photos like yours, they make me smile x

1 like

I'm going to copy out that last paragraph 100 times. I so want to be able to say that!

What a lovely, lovely run. The sunshine really lifts everything doesn't it. And snowdrops...yay! I can't see them now without thinking of Floss😊

1 like

The clearest sign so far that winter is beginning to reach an end. Thanks for treating us to a wonderful sight

1 like

Beautiful. Gives me hope that spring will be here soon

1 like

Lovely! So nice when the sun is out, very wet and murky here yesterday but looking dry and cold today so hoping to do a little jog :)

1 like

You may also like...