W5R3 4 seasons in one run!!

Completed W5R3 & feeling great!! I absolutely can run for 20 mins & in all weathers because I just have done haha

Headed out as the rain had eased up but it was really windy, the sun was out & became really hot once I'd done my first 5 mins then it drizzled a bit & the wind picked up which was great as it helps me keep nice & cool. The first 15 minutes actually went pretty fast then when Laura said I only had 2 mins left I upped my pace just a tiny bit to give me a little finish line boost as I am still running veeeeery slowly. 

So happy to have completed this week & looking forward to W6 😄

Good luck all x

12 Replies

• Yay!  Well done - I think this was my favourite one so far.  Really sad that week 6 is back to intervals but hey!  Off we both go to week 6 then :)

• Thanks BB. I've really enjoyed W5 too although o dos look at W6 earlier & thought yeah no problem, that's a first in 5 weeks haha

Good luck with W6 x 

• Well done, I will really feel I have achieved something when I have run continuously for 20 mins. 

• Thank you 😄  You'll be there soon enough. It really is true what Laura says, the stamina built over the last 5 weeks has made it possible to run for longer periods. It's my legs that hurt so if I can overcome that I could keep on going!! 

Good luck x

• Well done Vicky, you are a "runner" now, week 6 gets easier !

• Thanks Patrick. Was so much better & easier than I imagined x

• Going for it tomorrow morning :) Was a bit concerned, but your post brought a certain "calm", don't know why :D Hope you have a blast with the rest of the program, good luck RUNNER :)

• I was really worried when I got up this morning & almost chickened out but my fiancé said come on just stick to your plan & do your best so off he went to work & I went on my run. I am so glad I did. I just took it each minute at a time, concentrated on each step & listened to my music. Sending you lots of calm thoughts & strength. You will smash it!! Good luck x

• Slow is very good...:)

Running in all weathers is brilliant.. I graduated at Christmas.. had everything weather wise before that... except sunshine!!!

Well done you...onwards and upwards :)

• Well done, Vicky. That's brilliant!! 😀

• Well done on the run, particularly in today's weather.  Onwards to week 6!

• Well done Vicky. W5 r3 is the big hurdle in my opinion. It can be a bit of a struggle strangely enough to go back to intervals for w6r1. If so, try and take it in your stride, you're nearly finished with the intervals now.

You may also like...