W4R3

I did it!!! Who's the Mammy!!! Wasn't easy today (ok so it isn't easy any day) because minus 4 freezing fog, bitter east wind, legs soooo cold blah blah blah!! Even Winston wasn't keen.....however, we managed it! Praise the Lord that it's 2 days until the next run though. Before Monday, I might lie down in a darkened room, listen to the podcast and envision myself getting through it................time and time again! Mind over matter and all that ;) ...xx

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • You know you can slot in an extra rest day whenever you need it. Sometimes it just gives you that extra oomph! You are doing an amazing job. Week 5 next and that means you're almost half way through already! Go Mammy😁😁😁

• Thanks McFitty the thing is, ssshhhh, hubby doesn't know I do this, I want to surprise him! So have to do Mon, Wed, Fri. I'm fairly sure I'll be ok, just need not to overthink it and just do it...xx

• Well done. Especially in those temps❄️🌬 Good luck for w5 I have a feeling you're going to smash it👍

• I'll take that feeling with me...xx

• I reckon that doing this programme through the winter is a good way of making sure you've got the stick-ability to keep at it! You're doing great :)

• Makes me feel like a Marine :) ...xx

• If we can do it in these temps, nothing will stop us😉 I do look forward to nicer weather and longer days but at the moment going through these conditions is only going to benefit us👍Im looking forward to the call off the SAS😉

• Well done...😊thats Week 4 done and dusted...brrrr hope you've warmed up now.

Good luck with Week 5 its a good one, and yes, a positive approach will get you through it.😊😊x

• Hi, saw that you're following me - welcome! I managed to lose about 3 stone since last February, carefully logging all the food I ate, re-educating myself about what I eat. I used MyFitnessPal on my smartphone - it's wonderful. I managed W4R3 today, but it was a "skin of the teeth" thing - frankly I hated that last running interval with a passion. I'm moving on to W5R1 next week but am expecting to have to introduce a new coding system to keep track of all the practice runs I have to do before I manage it - I thought maybe I'd just add a bit on the end giving me W5R1/1 for the first attempt, W5R1/2 for the next etc!

You may also like...