Number 9 begins

I usually take two days between but the way my schedule is set up this week meant I had to run this evening. It was pretty much a last minute change and I decided to see if I can handle it after a very late lunch..

I decided to go for endurance and started slow and as I went on got some more strength but didn't up the pace much. It ended up being my slowest run in the last couple of weeks but I had a busy day today on the road driving and did a bit of uphill walking. So I wasn't surprised at the performance with just 2 extra minutes.

What matters most is I made it to the end of the 30 min. Hopefully for the next one I'll be more energised. Here's where I confess I had a couple of drinks in the course of the day. Does that affect the run?

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done for getting through it! I don't know about the drinks - never run on a day when I've had a drink before!!

• I imagine it would make a difference having a couple of drinks as they would be dehydrating and that's not good for a runner. But you did it and really the speed matters not one iota. Enjoy your final few runs before graduation 🙂

• Slow, steady runs definitely have their place. I don't think I'd be able to run after a couple of drinks, I would imagine it would have an effect. Well done you for getting through that 30 minutes.

You may also like...