NYD parkrun, wet and cold but its in the bag for the year πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Early last week I agreed I would run today with my son.......well run the same Parkrun but he takes half my time. However for the past few days I have been telling myself reasons why I can't do it. Only thing is if I promise my children i will do something, I do it. There would have to be a tradegy of some sort to stop me.

So off we go as pr tourists, 40 mins drive, raining quite heavy to start but by the time we got there it was really hammering down! My son said 'only runners will be here mum!'. Roll of eyes from me!

We run, already pretty wet through, yes it's not best conditions but, you know what, only one New Year's Day each year and this is it! So we embraced it all.

It's a two lapper route. My boy runs his two laps and as he hits the finish I am completing my first lap (it's the halfway point too)! He encourages me on , I cheer his finish! Then he grabs a jacket and runs my second lap (his third lap), alongside me!

He paced me to a new 5k pb, over 1minute quicker again! And they have a pb bell at this Parkrun, boy did I ring it out! I am still v slow but beginning to see consistent improvement.

So my new year has started really well. I am a runner after all!

Happy new year and happy running everyone!

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

8 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Yay! Well done. I also tried to talk myself out of it today but did do the parkrun.

• Well done we beat those gremlins to pulp!

• Excellent, happy new year! Ours was pretty damp too, but there it is, ''tis done and a great start to the year, go you!

Mx

• Brilliant start Madge, happy new year to you and yours too!

• Well done Jacs-W 😊 And congrats on a PB !

We were lucky with the weather down south and managed to complete our 10:30am parkrun before the rain. No PB for me, as I ran with my husband and he's got some back problems at the moment (which actually got better with a gentle run )

Happy New Year ! Xxx

• Glad the weather was kinder your way on! A nice pb but i am still v slow...,,,, im getting there little by little πŸ‘πŸΌπŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈ

• Congratulations Jacs, what a brilliant start to the year and what a great son to help you with your PB. You could not have started off any better! Happy running in 2017 to you!

• Well done Jacs! Rain! After all, what's a drop of water! HNY!

I'm intrigued by the PB bell, how does this work exactly? does it ring electronically as you go over the finish line then?

Would be good to have that at my Parkrun 😊

You may also like...