Starting againšŸ˜¬

Well Christmas is over, the family have gone and I've just been out and done week one run.

It was good knowing I can do this, ad I've graduated before, but I found it harder than I thought although when Laura's dulcet tones said that's 60 seconds start walking- I felt I could have kept running.

Those of you who have had to restart after injury have you done all 3 runs each week or moved forward more quickly? I don't want to rush and risk injury but feel like I could do it quicker this time.

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas šŸ˜

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldest ā€¢ newest
  • hi Radleychick, i restarted the programme after moving, followed the programme as before running every other day, i found it so much easier 2nd time around probably because i knew inside I could do it, i actually felt like i earned my graduation badge this time so around week 6, I asked admin to remove my badge so I could claim it again and this time I am very proud of it. Good luck remember you've done it once so you can do it again :)

• After an injury I tailored the program to my needs. I did at least one run from each week, but moved fast through the earliest ones. My physio wanted me to run- walk for longer, so I spent extra time with weeks 3 and 4 - occasionally extending them by adding a week 1 run. Once I had the green light for solid running blocks I left Laura behind. I think it depends on what your injury is and how long you've been out for. If you redo the whole program, it's only around nine weeks.

• Thanks both guess I will just go with the program and see how I go, just pleased to be running again.šŸ˜ƒ

• You could always dust do one run from each week until you feel a bit of extra effort is creeping in and then follow the plan? I did that before and discovered week 4/5 was where it started to get harder again but it only took a week to get to that point so I started doing all three runs at week 7. Your body will let you know what's right (mine did, and complained bitterly about Julie again) ;)

• Thanks mcfitty may try this maybe do a week 2 run tomorrow see how I gošŸ¤”

You may also like...