Boxing Day run with my son...and so happy to be running again!

Out this morning for my first run in weeks following THREE viruses 😩 in a row including bronchitis and a horrible flu-like cold. I have really missed my running and set off today slightly apprehensively, not knowing how all that time off would leave me. Pleased that I ran a fairly comfortable 5k but had dropped my pace and took things very slowly! Also lovely to have my son running with me for some of the run ( he is keen to do more running this year) and just lovely to be out on my beautiful trails again!πŸ™‚πŸ‚πŸƒπŸ½β€β™€οΈπŸ I was running up to 10 miles at the end of October but this dropped with lack of daylight and then illness. I feel as though I have a lot of work to do to get back to where I was, let alone up that distance another 3miles for a HM in March! Will just go steady and enjoy being back out there and if I'm ready for the HM then great. If not, that's ok too! Happy running everyone!πŸ™‚

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

17 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Brilliant that you have had a run, and lovely your son joined you!

Good idea to see how it goes, enjoyπŸ˜€πŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈ

• Three viruses is just plain greedy you know.

That's great news that you're back up and at it. So pleased. x

• It is great that you've knocked all those bugs on the head. Look forwards now, you've always managed to prepare well for your big runs, so I think the HM will work out. Glad to hear you had a run today.

• Thanks BopπŸ™‚ - onwards and upwards!

• Great the hear you are bug free and back on the run :)

• Good to hear you're back out there again. Take it steady and give yourself time. Your fitness will soon continue me back. Good luck :)

• Thank you AncientMum!πŸ™‚

• Lovely run with your son.. and back on form? Well done sweetie... :)

• I guess the form will return with time - just so lovely to run again!!πŸ˜€

• Just take it steady Sandra, your stamina and speed will come back, it's must have been lovely to run with your son, I know the feeling I've been out a couple of times with my grandson and it was brilliant. Good to hear your feeling better, keep up the good work. 😊

• It was lovely to share the run and was a gorgeous day too, Frank. Thank you! πŸ™‚

• You'll be ready Sandra, top runner you are! glad you're feeling better and back out there, lovely day for it! :)

• Love your faith in me Ali!! I will certainly do all I can to be ready (but I have a sensible, listen to my body approach too!) Yes, it was a beautiful day here too. x

• My goodness you have had a rough time, you poor thing! Taking things steadily sounds a good idea - best of luck to you.

• That first run back must have been even more special Sandra as your son was with you πŸ™‚

• Oh Sandra, you must have felt great getting back out there, and running with your son too, just fabulous. Take it steady, don't want you to be poorly again. πŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»πŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

• Definitely taking it easy at the moment Flossie! Thanks☺

You may also like...