Lovely run and personal best!!!!

Hi everyone,

So chuffed this morning had to post on here! Since graduating back at the start of September I've kept running 3 times a week (except for 10 days when I was poorly), and always try and do a long run at the weekend.

Well, got out there this morning, lovely sunshine, parked the car and decided to run through the University parks in Oxford UK, where I live.... started off by saying I was going to run for 20 mins without stopping, got there, and felt ok, so thought I'd carry on for the next 10 minutes, realised after 5 minutes that I was on course for beating my PB for 5k, so put head down and carried on.... so thrilled when my Garmin showed I had run 5k (no walking intervals) in 37 mins and 12 seconds, shaving off almost 3 minutes from my previous PB!!!!! Took a 3 minute rest at this point, and felt fine to carry on... so much so, after saying hello to loads of dog walkers, families out enjoying a troll and not forgetting the ever present Oxford tourist! ran on for another 2.5km, so all in all ran for 7.5km, so 0.5k further than I have ever ran before!

What a great day, and boy did I have a smile on my face!

Happy running to you all!!!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Whoo hoo! Gotta love a PB, and you got two! Well done xx

• Brilliant well done. Definitely 2 records . That's enough to have grin on you face for at least 2 days !

• Holy smokes! Well done. The run sure changes fast when you realize you're close to that PB doesn't it?

• Well done! That's brilliant 😀 Love Oxford, but can't imagine running there, it always seems so crowded!

• It's lucky that I live about 4 miles from the centre, so do most of my running nearer home, but nice to run with the colleges in your view every now and again.

• Well done, great way to end the year! 😀

You may also like...