Filled with hope

Having been on the IC couch for the last 3 weeks I waited until today to try my light jog as I was able to do it in the daylight hours. I felt a little hesitant because of the worry about how the knee would hold out. Went back to Week 5 Run 1 - 5 min warm up - 5 min run - 3 min walk - 5 min run - 3 min walk - 5 min run - 5 min cool down. It felt so good to be out in the fresh air and although I didn't break any records for speed I went carefully and completed it all. No twinges, aches or pains felt so that was a bonus. Hopefully if I take it steady I'm hoping I'll continue to build back up but for the mo I'm feeling filled with hope to be back.

xx

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Congratulations on being back out there! I bet it feels great, doesn't it? x

• Thanks Flossie22 - yep it feels great :-) x

• Very glad you are able to get out again :) Take good care of yourself and the rest will follow :)

• Thank you Irish-John - let's hope so :-) x

• Sensible idea. Good luck and slow and steady all the way.😊xx

• Thank you Jan-now-runs :-) x

• Isn't it a great feeling to get back out there? Hope your recovery continues in the right direction!

• Thanks Rosie958 - I've really missed it x

You may also like...