W1R1

Well, I did it. I am still alive and will recieve no bullying messages telling me off for not manning up and going out. Things I have learned:

1 - no matter how bitter the cold is a jacket is unecessary if it is dry as you will warm up LOTS

2 - 60 seconds is about how long I can run before I beg to be allowed to walk

3 - you CAN recover in 90 seconds

and

4 - Asda is closer than I think,I had to ad lib the second half of my run. I underestimated how far I'd get.

I didn't quite finish the last run - I slowed down to breathe a bit more and then Laura told me I'd finished running but I'm still very proud of myself. Hopefully thursdays run will be slightly easier.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Good going Lulu, that sounds like a fabulous start. When I did week1 last week I was so relieved to hear laura say "time to slow down". :-) Heres to your second run on Thursday. Good luck.

• Well done ... Keep up the good work. I felt EXACTLY the same as you a few weeks ago ... just managed the 25min run last night ... you can do it! :-)

• Great attitude! Go you! :)

• Great stuff, Lulu! I felt exactly the same when I started. Roll on run 2! :)

• Awesome! I've just started week 2, hope the rest of your week goes well :)

• Ha ha I love the list of lessons learnt :-)

well done - keep it going :-)

You may also like...