Helping with Foot Pain

Just to recap, last week (M-W-F) I completed the Week One runs following the podcast. Other than usual muscle pains and some stiffness I'd no problems and was generally pretty happy.

My intention was to use Sat & Sun (Today) as rest days and start Week Two runs tomorrow... I done a short 45 minute cycle yesterday morning.

Last night I started getting some shooting pains in the base of my foot near my heel, a couple of times walking back from the fireworks display I had to stop it was that bad. Never had anything like it before.

It's still there today and a little sore yet, are there any exercises I can do with the foot to help clear the pain? I'm looking forward to my Week 2 runs tomorrow.

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Soak your feet in warm (closer to hot than cold, though) water with epsom salts twice a day. It will relieve some pain and swelling (I do this all the time, it's been very useful). Good luck, let us know how you get on.

• Sounds as though it could be maybe a touch of plantar fasciitis? - google it and see if the symptoms fit. If they do there's plenty of good advice online about effective treatments; I had it mildly myself when I first started running, and exercising and more suitable shoes sorted it out for me.

Best of luck.

You may also like...