Saturday Run

Not to much to say about this morning's run. It was a beautiful dry, sharp, sunny morning. Just right for running.

I ran about one km further than my other two runs this week. The pace slightly slower. My route took me up the long incline to the walled garden. I made the mistake of trying to maintain my pace going up this slope. Result was I was blowing a bit by the time I reached the top.

14 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • I just posted about my run , I'm glad to see graduates blow too!! I find it takes me 12-15 mins before I get a nice rhythm , I'm in the park where it's pretty flat another week or so I'll take on my country roads here .

Wasn't it such a fab morning

• You are right it was a glorious morning.

• Sounds lovely - it's really cold here with a 20 mile an hour wind which rather spoils the bright morning for running!

• Cold here, Ully.. I went for a gentle, very, very slow walking promenade and nearly got blown over ..:)

• Crikey - we don't want any more accidents, Floss!

• IIt's hard running in such a cold wind. Thankfully wasn't too windy here.

• What is a quick blow amongst friends.. we all do it! Sometimes more than others...:)

Well done you, a lovely run :)

• Thank you Flossy

• Weather was great, wasn't it. Can't wait to run tomorrow, week 8 run 1 for me!

• You are getting ever closer. Any thoughts about what youwill do once you have graduated? Hopefully tomorrow will also be glorious.

• I would really like to have a crack at my local Park Run, but as I work on Saturdays, I can't make it until Christmas Eve :( I think I shall just keep on going until then with Laura by my side (or on my arm!) if I can get to graduation, that is, perhaps re-doing week 9 over and over? Otherwise, do you have any bright ideas?

Yes, I hope tomorrow will be as sunny and bright as today was first thing. Where I am it is rather overcast now. Glad I went out for my morning row when it was sunny, but there was a very chilly wind.

Enjoy your next run :)

• Park run is one of my targets too. But it won't be until January. I volunteer at a local NT property on Saturday mornings and the house does not close till January.

Happy runnings.

• Really great to volunteer, good for the soul. I'm now not sure about the park run, having realised how much I enjoy running on my own with nobody around, I wonder how I'd cope with loads of people, bearing in mind I'd probably be at the back of the field, I'd have a view of some runners and others would be a little dot in the distance ๐Ÿ˜€ Do you have lights that you wear early in the morning? I'm realising that my dawn runs are going to be getting darker as the nights draw in.

• Although I have one, not specifically for running, I don't wear a headtorch. I start all my runs along a country lane. When I was last running I went over on my ankle in a pothole when I was on my warm up walk. It took ages to heal by which time I lost the running habit. Perhaps I should give the headtorch a try and see how it goes.

My worry about park run is setting off too fast and not being able to maintain it. I also prefer to run on my own at my own pace. Previously I used to run with my brother in law whois very competitive and younger!

You may also like...