Mum update

A while ago I wrote a post about my mum starting on the C25K journey at the age of 77 and thought it was time to update you all on her progress. And yes, she is still progressing at her own pace. By repeating each week as many times as she feels necessary before moving on, she has now embarked on week 5.

I'm very proud of having a mum who has refused to let age stop her trying something new and hope that her progress will be encouragement for those of you doubting your abilities to do this. As Fazzical said to me this morning "C25K is a journey not a race". So all of you worrying about speed, progress, self consciousnesses, age, weight and all the other gremlins we carry along with us - free your minds of doubt. You really can do this - just find your own pace and path. We are all worth it πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

19 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Well said OldPossum

• That is so fantastic, I bet she has also inspired many of her friends too. I wish her well on week 5... 😎

• I think some of them think she is nuts but it hasn't stopped her - quite impressive really as she is normally very self conscious πŸ˜€

• Love this, I hope I am still running at that age!

• Me too πŸ˜€

• Oh, well done her! πŸ‘

• Brilliant - what an inspirational last. No wonder you are so proud☺

• ❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

• Oh so true... the pleasure is in the journey indeed.. and what a journey. Your Mum.. wonderful I hope I'm still running and still rambling at 77 ! x

• We can but hope 😎

• Well said OP. and it was "Remember, running is not a race....it's a Journey" said like Morgan Freeman. :)

• Wow! Tell your Mum from me that she is an absolute star!

• Well done ☺ Good luck for week 5 !

• Wow. Well done. Is she olderoldpossum?

I hope I'm still running in 30 years from now. That's a lot of kilometres!

• I hadn't thought of that - guess she must be. I tried to persuade her to join the forum but she thought she would stick to running πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• That's brilliant! Go her!

• Wow! What an inspiration she is. Hope she is enjoying it πŸ˜€

• She certainly seems to be. Has even carried on whilst on holiday in the forest πŸ˜€

• Lovely post well done to your mother too.

It's never too late to try something new

You may also like...