I've only gone and graduated!

I've done it!!

I was determined to have a great run, and that is exactly what I did, completed 5k in 31mins 39 secs, I was keen to get as close to 30 mins as possible, so I'm very happy with that pace.

I'm determined to carry on pushing this, aiming to do a park run at the weekend and I've signed up for a charity 5k night time supernova run in November, I'm also thinking about entering a 10K early next year!

One very happy and contented 'runner'

oh! can I please, please have my badge?

19 Replies

• Brilliant run, well done graduate! Very well deserved! Hit the pinned graduation badge post on the right for that shiny, shiny 🏃🏻👍🏼

• Well done :) Great time too :)

Must be near, I'm doing the Saturday evening Supernova event at the Kelpies- but will be slower than 31 minutes! :)

I just ran my first 10k event (4th time running the distance) at Cumbernauld (graduated April). It was a brilliant event- easy parking, fairly flat course, loads of supportive marshals, 2 water stations and pacers for sub-60 runners (and ace medal and tech' T-shirt, all for £21) You'll be ready for 10k before then but it's 17th September next year.

Main thing is keep going :) Happy running :)

• Hi, I was too late for the Saturday at the kelpies so I'm running on the Sunday, I'll keep my eye open for the Cumbernauld 10K next year, see you there!

• My Kelpies place was booked in January- before I could run! It was the whole reason I started the c25k app :)

• Fantastic well done

• Well done! Enjoy your shiny new badge :-)

• What a great run . Well done

• Congratulations Simon! Cracking time too - well done!

• Yippee, awesome, well done! Your new goals look exciting. Dont forget to take the time to enjoy your achievement. Looking forward to hearing about your parkrun and 10k journey.

• Congratulations - well done you!

I'm very envious of your 5k time!

• The secret is to have a good playlist! I did a search on songs with 165 beats per second, if you can run to the rhythm it's so much easier. Good luck, you can do it!

• Thank you, I'll put one together. Do you just use iTunes or similar to play it on or something special?

I was wondering about jog.fm

• I got the list from jog.fm but then created my playlist in Apple Music, definitely worth trying

• Congratulations Graduate! Very well done!

• Well done, Simon! Enjoy your new running goals.

• Many Congratulations to you Simon on a fantastic achievement .Happy Running ! :-) xxx

• Yay another graduation! Congratulations on all 3 - graduating, 5k and fab time! :)

• Thank you app so much for your very kind, encouraging words. I'm feeling very motivated and jut hope I can build on this and keep it going through the winter months, with the support of this forum I'm sure I'll do it. Thanks again 🏃

• Delighted for you Simon ☺ Well done !

You may also like...