Procrastination and laziness diet

Hi all. Not been on for a while as felt too guilty. My last run was on 30th June. I've been meaning to carry on running but the main hurdle - the front door - has been in the way, coupled with a new job and all sorts of personal issues. Just excuses really I know.

Well, staying in Llandudno for 3 days this week and there is a lovely promenade, with a hill up and around the coast. I forced myself to go and run at 6:45. Well - I did it!!! I thought that, because of the length of time since my last run, I wouldn't be able to do 5k straight away, so planned for a 3k today, 3.5k on Thursday and go from there, back up to 10k, 3 - 4 times a week. Really surprised myself as felt fine this morning, did 5k (although not particularly quickly). No aches or pains (yet) as did a set of longer stretches at the beginning and end of the run.

Plan is for 5.5k Thursday, and on from there. On holiday in Lanzarote in October so, hopefully, I can get a few runs in there as well. Just need to keep myself motivated!

Happy running all.

Jon

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Ooooh get you! Lanzarote! Fantastico.

So, back to Llandudno. I reckon you can see Beaumaris from there. Have a look to see if you can see the pier there. Not been to Llandudno but I hear it's lovely, so lucky you to be running there.

Make sure you stick to running this time! Fancy, not getting out for a run. I can't imagine such a thing. I reckon I'd go bonkers. In fact I'm sure I would.

Have fun!!!

• It is beautiful. Can see the pier there as well which is great. I have been going bonkers but always making excuses as to why I couldn't go! My own fault and i'm gonna make sure that i keep at it again this time.

• I went to llandudno a while back. I seem to remember there's a small hill called the great orme. Maybe you could run up and down it a few times?

You may also like...