First run on my lonesome

Life without Laura.

So....I put lots of nice trashy music on my little shuffle (borrowed from my son, as he keeps reminding me) strapped on a cheap casio watch with a stopwatch, Iโ€™m not going down the Irish John road and taking the kitchen timer with me :D and set it going to do the walkie five mins, then (shuffled) ran for 30mins, then the walkie last five.

Yes, I think Mcfitty said that dance music was good, and it was. Better than the podcast music (sorry, Laura).

I was surprised, it was good.

Will I keep it up? I donโ€™t know, but Iโ€™ll take it one run at a time and see how I go. What have I got to lose?

14 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Enjoy your running with your own music and the fact it is getting cooler now :)

• Thanks, ooo, it's cooler today,too :)

• Well done you. Well done your generous son too. I borrowed my son's earphones this morning. He didn't know as I'd put them back before he'd even woken up. Then I took my daughter to school and spotted she had my earphones in, which was clearly why I couldn't find mine!

• Ha! Share and share alike, like my house. The only upside of living with teenagers :)

• I loved Laura but gave up on her when I met Julie on Week 8 and completed with my own music and I love it too...I use mapmyrun and that counts my 5 minute intervals so I know how long to go and therefore how far I've run and it speaks over the music so you can't miss it .....Hope you keep it up running buddy ๐Ÿ˜ฎ as you say why wouldn't you especially as you enjoyed that last run ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ˜€

• I like map my run...didn't know about the five minute counting. Will check it out, thanks Kate :)

• click on coaching and then schedule on your workout set up :-)

• Wow, so cool all this tech, useful too.

• Keep on keeping on... that sounds like a great post grad run and reminds me MUST MUST put together a playlist!

• Hee, hee. I was running up this horrible hill to 'Bootilicious' and it was so funny :)

• I love my own music too. Although technology let me down today. Earphones disconnected just as I finished my warm up walk ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜. It's amazing how the right music can spur you on though. I may start investigating beats per minute soon but I'm just enjoying doing my own thing at the moment ๐Ÿ˜€

• Yes, that's a good thing to do. I'm not sure of the beats per min malarkey, I think I would still stagger along to my own pace whatever I listened to :)

• Me too ๐Ÿ˜€ But the music keeps me going - just please no more Julie ever ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• I just got that!! That Julie was driving me loopy :D

You may also like...