My first run... done!

I've just got back from my first run and finished my stretches, and I have to say, it was harder than I thought!

Initially I thought it was going too slow with only 60 seconds of running, but towards the end the aches definitely kicked in and I got a stitch... anyone know how to prevent stitches?

Apart from that though I really enjoyed it and I loved the music and Laura, cant wait for the next one.

Just quickly, thank you for being a great community! I jut found the site yesterday and I already feel overwhelmed by the responses everyone gives, so thank you. :D

Happy running!

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well dome! youve the hardest run done and will find the next one easier! Drink water before you run! That definitely helps with stitches!

• Congratulations on your first run... I found it very hard too, in fact one of the harder runs for me, and remember swearing alot at Laura :)

laura does give advice on stitch on a later run, but cannot remember it all, though I am sure someone else will. From what I remember it was to drink water before run and to slow the pace and breath deeply?

Keep going and hope it feels easier on the next run

• Exactly what amsjo says - drink some water beforehand and slow down until the stitch goes. Well done on completing your first run.

• Run 1 done, so you're on your way now. I found the first week to be the hardest, so hang in there.

• :-) :-) WELCOME! :-) :-) As suggested, staying hydrated may help with stitches. Just try to go slow, even if its just a bit over a brisk walk. Your focus is building stamina as you work the program. You've made the decision to be a runner, the rest of it will be a breeze! :-) Gayle

You may also like...