Very short run but pleased

I was due to run today having done 30 mins on wed but it was so hot and humid and I had been out with the foster children all day in the park so was fairly shattered. I decided to just do a short run but see if I could go faster yes it was only 2.3 k out the village and back but I did it in less than 16 mins so pleased with that and yes it was very hot and the kids thought it very funny how red I was. Any run is better than no run!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Exactly, you set your own goals so if u r pleased with it, brilliant!!

• Exactly, well done :)

• I love a short fast run sometimes. It's good to mix it up and please yourself. There is nothing magic about 30 minutes or 5k!

• Absolutely, nothing wrong with a shorter run! Great pace too!

• Yes, I often do that kind of distance, it means you can push a bit harder! have you done "Speed" with Laura? That's an interval run of 16 minutes, I use it regularly. If Laura takes you on a run of 16 minutes it must be good no?

• Too right, it's about fitting it in. I love to run to the childminders after work to get my daughter, and then we walk home together chatting, it's perfect . Well done 😎

• You might like to try the speed podcast which is 16 minutes of running. Hard work, but a great work out!

You may also like...