Graduated - Phew!! Thank you Hannah :-x

Graduated  - Phew!! Thank you Hannah :-x

Well, who would believe it? The old bird did it!

When I started C25K I never believed I would get to the end of it. I'm 64 and not the fittest of people. I've played a bit of social tennis but run? Never, I said. Can't see the point! Well, I've just eaten my words. I was all set to do what had become my usual 4k to finish off the programme but I was running with my daughter hannah141 who graduated last month. "How do you feel about carrying on to do 5?" she said. So I did and it felt amazing!

Although I haven't posted on the forum before, other than a comment for Hannah, I often see the messages from the Community and have often been spurred on by them so thank you everyone but especially, thank you Hannah!!

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

11 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Congratulations, that first 5k is very special indeed, particularly so in your case as you were running with your daughter :)

• Brilliant! Well done and what a lovely photo! You look so pleased!

Great to run with your daughter. You need your graduate badge now!

• Massive congratulations to you! You absolutely look like a seasoned runner too - particularly with the beaming graduate smile! Don't forget to request your graduate badge!

• Fantastic Laura... congratulations on graduating. You deserve a badge so dont forget to ask for it..๐Ÿ˜Š

What a lovely picture too.. you look so chuffed. Rightly so. x

• Congratulations! And fab picture! You are inspiring us all along the way!

• Thank you for all the lovely replies. Having had a day's rest, I went out again tonight, on my own, just to prove it wasn't a fluke - and it wasn't. I even knocked nearly 2 minutes off the time! I'm not sure how to request a graduation badge. Can some one point me in the right direction please?

• I've only just recovered, major DOMS yesterday! Hip OK? x

• Surprisingly, yes! Nowhere near as uncomfortable as Tuesday. Though the midge bite I picked up on the Tuesday run is killing!

• Well done Laura. You look amazing. Keep going ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Yiiipppeeeee

Well done Madre! Keep plugging away and before you know it, you'll be getting PBs up Lowdham Lane hill! Next stop - Park Run!? As if we can both run now!

• Many Congratulations to you both , what a fantastic achievement !

You look amazing ! Very happy and healthy, and that's what its all about :-)

Here's to many more fantastic running adventures for you both xxx

You may also like...