6/1 - that was hard!

After the elation of last Friday's run I started to think I had imagined it! Over the weekend I started to worry maybe that maybe I had peaked already!

So, off I went this morning on the walk and on to the first run, I puffed - breathe through the nose - spluttered - breathe slowly - Walk - oh no run! and on it went - small steps, fast shuffle, try a little faster, walk! Reached the bridge, I see the church, one more lamp post - done and dusted. Nice brisk walk home........ That was hard - I did it.

Why was I so worried? Happy happy me!..................Still happy..................happy.....

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done on today I did my run this morning and it went well can,t wait for the next one on wednesday

• Well done to you, so glad it went well - hurrah.

Here's to Wenesday and cracking that one.

• A lot of people find this run hard so you're not alone. I think it's because it's back to intervals. But you did it, so well done.

• Wednesday should be fairly easy and then it is just solid runs no more walks so should be easier to pace

• I completed the same run this morning too. Well done, it is onwards and upwards.

• Great going- into the final stretch now. :)

• Slow, steady.. you got there.. and you will carry on, getting there.. well done :)

• Small steps are good! They take you places 😊 Shuffle - ditto. No worries. You got through it. Have a day off and line up the next session. Good luck. Take it very steady and you'll be fine. Once week 6 is out of the way you can breathe a sigh of relief.

You may also like...