Another 5K

Hi all: connect.garmin.com/modern/a...

Unfortunately, my heart rate chest monitor seemed to be telling big fat lies, or rather, skinny, lithe lies :-) as the 'time in zones' is that of a seriously fit person (i.e. not me).

This is the second time the HRM has done that, I wonder if I am experiencing 'cadence lock' - google here I come I guess.

Anyway, Bradgate Park was as lovely as ever and the deer their usual elegantly skittish selves.

The best part is that I get to eat some peanut butter on toast guilt-free, because, you know, us runners need to have some post-run protein :-).

9 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Ooh, ooh, ooh - I just got a '100 mile' badge from the excellent smash run: en-gb.smashrun.com/colin.ya...

Wow, to think my first c25k run was 9th of Feb this year - quite chuffed with that :-).

• Or, maybe, all this running has made you fitter than you thought? (after all, you must be pretty fit to lug 20 stone around 5k...)

• I wish, but no, a quick 'pulse count' showed the truth. But bless you for saying that :-).

• You're building a solid base and that will reap huge benefits further down the road (oops I didn't mean to make a pun there ๐Ÿ˜). Congrats on the 100 mile badge. That's a lot of miles to run.

• Those heart rate numbers look very sensible to me. - encouraging signs! Interesting to see if the next run gives you similar data. Nice work ... COLIN :-)

Cheers

John

• So.. to clarify, for this mere mortal.. are you fitter than you think, less fit than you think, as fit as you were, or don't you know ?:)

Cadence lock sounds painful...is that the Garmin..or you ?: )

Your run sounds wonderful..hope the snack was too.. ( peanut butter.. yuksters! ) :)

• not another peanut butter hater! It's amazing stuff!

• I wondered that too Oldfloss :-)

Well done Yatesy on your 100 mile badge , excellent stuff !

Ive got to take my hat off to you, you keep slogging away with these 5ks , it will all pay off in the end , its all miles on the legs ( 100 miles to be exact ) ! :-) xxx

• well done on your 100 miles! Definitely earned the celebratory peanut butter on toast!

You may also like...