That's another week completed and tonight's run was the hardest by far.

Before I even started I wasn't sure if I'd manage it. My knees and hips are sore. It almost felt unnatural to run. It was a funny sort of pain not like I'd hurt myself pain more a my joints don't like this pain if that makes any sense.

But determined not to lose momentum I decided I was going to go out and try and see how I got on. I managed all the run sections but my walk back home was a bit slower.

Even though I did feel like this the one thing I did notice was I was back to normal breathing about halfway through the walk after running so that's an improvement anyway. Did my stretches when I came home and hopefully the joints won't complain too much and I can start week 4 on Friday 🙈

Then we'll see if I'm still saying the same about my recovery 😄

5 Replies

• Well done - there is always scope to do a little more and it really paid off for you tonight.😳

• Good for you, sometimes it's hard to get out there but you did it xx

• Doing great!

• Well done Lochie !

Nothing wrong in taking extra rest days if you've got a few aches and pains . See how you go on xxx

• Think I might need to consider that if they feel the same on Friday. Not too disappointed if I need to. That's all the runs so far done without stopping and only one rest day between each. Not too bad for an non~runner 47 yo with arthritis 😊

You may also like...