It's official! Grad Run and 6 Strava Medals! :D :D :D :D

It's official - I graduated! I started this whole thing on the 20th February. Due to a couple of weeks on the injury couch and my slightly larger gaps between runs, it's taken a little longer than 9 weeks! It's been nice running without the pressure though - I'd rather wait an extra day than force myself out!

I ran my first 5k on W9R2 but I wasn't feeling it last night. My legs were still hurting from Sunday's yoga and I could hardly lift my arms yesterday (note to self - fewer chaturangas). 5k didn't seem likely! It was super hot too so I thought I'd go out and just see how I felt. As it was grad run, I didn't let myself get away with less than 30 minutes - I probably would have stopped at about 22/23 after 3k had it not been!

Mr Strava gave me my splits for the first 2k and I was making good pace so i changed tactics. I thought I'd try and keep up the pace and aim for a 4k PB. WIN! I shaved off two minutes (to get me to 28.34) which really made me puff! I also got a PB for one lap of the big lake - I love Strava segments!

Apparently - running makes me competitive! I love seeing improvements and I like the variety of aiming for different things. It's things like this that make me confident I can keep this up after graduation without getting bored. I can just switch it up depending on the run. Fun times ahead!

And a HUGE thank you to you lot. It's amazing how much support you can get from cyber running friends! Big love to you all.

20 Replies

• Hey, well done graduate!!

• Yipppeee!!! Good to hear from you Vivster!

• Congratulations! You should be feeling very proud!

• Many congratulations Hannah. Now the fun bit begins. Enjoy it all 😊

• Mahoosive congratulations!! Well done on a fantastic achievement. :)

Happy running ! :)

• Well done Hannah, the great thing about graduating is the freedom to do what you want, when you want. Don't forget to claim your badge.

• I keep thinking of where to next which is great - I was worried I was going to lose interest after graduating. Park runs, pacing, 10ks with friends, who knows, maybe even a half marathon one day! For now though, just keeping it up and enjoying relaxing run 2-3 times a week. :D

• Congratulations... very well done:)

• Well done :)

It's an amazing achievement xx

I've found the competitive edge too! Not against others right enough, just wanting to improve my own stats.

Keep going and enjoy consolidating these runs for a wee while xx

• Isn't that 'graduate' badge just the icing on the cake :-)

• Yay! Well done!

• Congratulations 🎉🎉🎉👏👏👏 The graduate badge looks good on you! you sound so competitive that I doubt you will get bored an time soon. Keep on running 🏃🏃🏃

• Congratulations! Now the adventures begin!

• Congratulations on graduating - no, doesn't sound like you're going to get bored of runnig any time soon! Having and setting new personal challenges is great fun and a real confidence boost! Good luck🙂.

• Congratulations. Lovely to see another graduate. Inspiring🍾

• Woo Hoo !

Massive Congratulations to you on your Graduation ! Absolutely fantastic , Well done to you ! :-)

Happy Running Hannah ! :-) xxx

• Congratulations on your graduation, and your great posts, too. Keep posting!

• Well done on your graduation. Sounds like the running bug has bitten. Enjoy sporting that new badge x

• Well done :-)

• I'm so proud of you, daughter - it's now up to me to complete the challenge too and then maybe we can run together - if you'll have me!!!

W6 R2 today was hard but what you (and all your supporters) have said makes me even more determined to graduate. Love you xxx

You may also like...