Week 2, Run 3 - the lovely snack van

Well that's week 2 done. Achievement unlocked! Legs fine, shins fine even my dodgy ankle is, well, fine.

I'm definitely going to have to alter my route a little though. Even in these early stages I'm having to turn around twice on my not-so-private road and double back before I get to the end of Laura's instructions. 

There's no other option, I'm going to have to go... beyond the road!

Looking at the map again. If I walk the full length of the access road - over the cattle grid I currently loop back at and up the steep bit - and start activities at the corner of the big reservoir by the lovely snack van, then it's a cool 5K all the way round and, with the cheat of a downhill finish, back to the road.

That's the ultimate goal then, a one none-stop lap!

It seems absolutely unthinkable. I walked around the reservoir once with a fried egg bap and a can of Tizer and it took all afternoon.

Last edited by

12 Replies

• Hee hee  your post made me laugh Steve... beyond the road...no!😄

Love that you are enjoying your running adventures....

Just nipping out to put a padlock on that snack van...

Good luck with week 3.

• "I walked around the reservoir once with a fried egg bap and a can of Tizer " 

Most people take a dog...... -)

• haha. dragging my fried egg butty on a lead. come on boy.

• Tizer! I had forgotten about Tizer..

Go you.. to boldly go where no stevecramp has gone before:)

Sounds wonderful.. which reservoir?

• haha great post! Look forward to your 'I ran all the way round the reservoir' post !

• You made me laugh out loud. The image of fried egg butty and can of Tizer tickled me. I admire those of you running outside as I am a strictly indoor runner for now. Once graduated I intend to park run but for now no one else is allowed to see. Well done for going beyond the gate and who knows where you'll end up next x

• I'm strictly an indoors person but loving 'the outside' I saw some kind of cuckoo* the other day, stopped mid plod to take it in.

*could've been a pigeon

• Haha! Funny. I could demolish a fried egg bap now......... 

• Same here. drool. Time for tea I think

• Huzzah ! Well done Steve ! :-) 

Fried egg sarnies in a lovely fresh breadcake - Top notch ! :-) xxx

• Thanks poppypug. I'm actually looking forward to Monday and week 3! It's all going so well

• So are we Steve, so are we ...... :-D xxx

You may also like...