Surprised myself! W8D1

Surprised myself! W8D1

I really wasn't looking forward to this one... 

I'd had a heavy weekend of drinking and excess, rather than running on Sunday, as planned, I put it off a day... then another...

Finally, last night I put my shoes on and wandered off to my local park. After the 5 minute warm up, I set off. I'd decided to take it easy and run at a slower pace than usual.

I had a Radio4 comedy on my headphones and I must've drifted off, I heard a few mile pointers (splits?) but didn't really pay much attention. I did, however, pay attention when I heard a voice tell me I'd run 3 miles in 27' 39"!

3 miles!  That's three MILES!!! 

Ha! Ha! I couldn't be happier! And am now really looking forward to the next run, fingers crossed I can drift off again...

There's a screen grab of the app I use up there ^

Last edited by

14 Replies

• Average heart rate 0 bmp... Impressive.. on a more serious note.. well done you!!

• 0 BPM... yes, perhaps I should see a doctor.

• Too late - I think you're dead :o  It must've been a zombie run :D

• Zombies, Run!

• anyone actually USED the Zombies, run app? 

• Yes. I found it annoying. But thousands of others seem to like it, if you look at the reviews. 

• I know , that's why i was asking..  its hugely popular ( think its the biggest downloaded running app , ever! )

• Yes me ! I love it :-) xxx

• OK , so far its a 50:50 split one pro- one contra 

• That is an amazing run, well done :)

• Thank you! I'm starting to feel like a "real" runner....

Couldn't have done this without the C25k program AND reading all the advice and support on this forum. 

• Well done Moley

Yep youre well on your way .

Keep going , youre doing great !

I love your little avatar btw :-) xxx

• Thank you! I fired up Photoshop last night and he was the result. 

• Ha Ha love it :-D xxx

You may also like...