W8R1 - surprised myself!

I was intending to take 2 rest days after my crummy week 7 runs but a proper runner friend said would I like to go for a run with her this morning? I was a bit nervous but said yes. No Laura cos I couldn't find my iPod and anyway thought it would be nicer just to chat if I had enough breath. No music either.

Well, well.... I surprised myself. She told me when we were in the 29th minute and I actually ran for 30!! Probably dd about 2.2 miles. It was the usual huff-puff, want-to-walk for the last 10 minutes but my friend encouraged me and I did it! I found being with someone else stopped me clockwatching and not only did the time go by much quicker but I even had enough breath to have a conversation.

I certainly needed a good run, after last week I was starting to feel like quitting, but today has got me back on track.

Ha ha, retail therapy also helped - went out and treated myself to some proper running capris instead of my scruffy old things.

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done, Soozz! Glad you had such an excellent start to week 8, 30 minutes, that's fantastic! 5 more runs to graduation :)

• This gives me hope!

• Well done Soozz you are one of my benchmarks and therefore heroines of this community! That was brilliant, and I'm following right behind, d.

• Thank you, DeliaItaly, that is sweet of you. Just saw your blog about W4R1 from yesterday - well done for getting through it. I found W4 quite tough, but you will get through it if you listen to Laura! Have a good time in Berlin - and happy running.

• Ah, thank you, for saying such nice things. I am so relieved it went well today. I dn't think Mo, Usain, Christine, David etc need worry just yet, I'm never going to be a great runner, more a plodder, but I so want to succeed in this!

• That's brilliant Soozz. I'm so glad you had a good run, after putting in so much hard work. :) Running with someone else can really help pass the time.

I felt as if I hadn't run yesterday and really wanted to run today. Went off to the woods this afternoon (a new time of day for me) and ran for as long as I could before an uphill section defeated me. Only 25 instead of 28 minutes, so I think I'll have to do some extra week 8 runs before I can count it as a proper week. Hope you have a good rest day and are raring to go again on Tuesday. ;)

You may also like...