W6R1 done

So following my high after running for 20mins on Thursday, I wasn't able to go out this weekend and was surprised at how disappointed I felt...this running lark's a bit addictive! So after an early morning wake up call by not one but two cats demanding breakfast, I put the trainers on and set off - I think I may have still been on last week's high as I set off way too fast for the first run,  got about halfway and struggled (oops!). As a result I actually found this one a bit tougher than I thought I would considering it's actually a step down from last week - think the lesson is to keep Snaily McSnailface in the forefront and  just pace myself better. Overall, pleased to have progressed to w6 and I think I may have convinced a work colleague to sign up too :)  

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I love that you convinced someone to sign up! I've been spreading the word every chance I get too. I've become one of those annoying runners who can go on and on and on about how wonderful running is. It IS addictive :) Snaily McSnailface is the way to go right up to the end! And yes, progressing to week 6 is definitely something to be proud of.

• Thanks Shivani05, I've got hubby onto the plan too but he's injured his achilles so has to lay low for a couple of weeks which is driving him nuts as he'd only just started. I feel like one of the weird cult recruitment people or tv informercials who keep going on about how good something is and that it really does work - but it really does! Roll on w6r2 on Wednesday :) 

• I think lots of us found that run harder than the 20 minute which mentally doesn't make sense!

• Slow and steady...most definitely!!! Keep it like that and you will be fine...I am the original Grey Snail.. ( see my early posts ) it works!! :)

• Snaily McSnailface :') Love it!!

Yep, week 6 is a weird one. Just snail plod through it, you'll be ok!

• From one Snaily McSnalface to another; well done!! I've just got in from w6r2 on an absolute high, best run to date. So good luck, keep slow and steady and enjoy!

• Thanks Jenny - nice to 'meet' someone who's at a very similar stage - I'm hoping to do w6r2 tomorrow morning :) 

You may also like...