Wk2R2 Discovered "chi-running"

I've a friend who's nearly clocked 100 marathons and recently I was asking her about tips for someone just starting out running. She sent me a YouTube vid on "Chi-Running" (now I know it's not really to do with tradition chi etc, but I liked the concept) and I tried running in that style today. Putting the lean into my running really felt nicer (my calves still hurt...but more in the walks than the runs themselves). 

I was wondering if anyone else knows anything about the style and has any more advice or experience of it...

Thanks in advance 

Gemma :-)

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • It's something I've been trying too but I began only a couple of runs ago and I'm still trying to familiarise with that...

• There's been loads of talk on here about it, so you could browse some of the posts

• Thanks for this post and replies  - this looks interesting - I am going to investigate!

• Never heard of it, interesting... Am following & exploring with interest...

• This was the link my friend sent...seemed to make sense to me. :-)

• Looks very interesting thank you :)

• It has been mentioned a few times here , worth exploring 😊

• Thanks for this post, watched a couple of videos and then went and gave it a go.  What a difference   the gremlins wernt with me telling me to stop and I wasnt gasping for the end to come.  I had fallen into making excuses not to go on runs in the last few weeks but I have renewed enthusiasm now.

You may also like...