W6R1 - a toughie but 5 PBs!

W6R1 - a toughie but 5 PBs!

W6R1 and I went out with my best friend (also on the programme) for this run, my first time running with a companion... The company was nice and it definitely pushed me which probably isn't a bad thing. I think I would have gone a bit slower had I have been on my own. Im glad for the days rest now, I think my left calf needs a bit of a rest...

The first run seemed quite hard to get into and the second run seemed to drag a bit. Not one of my best runs in terms of positivity but I did it! I just can't wait for the day where I can run for 30 minutes as if it were a 3 minuter! That day will come :D

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I found this a tough one too, looking forward to running without intervals now I think

• Me too. I think it breaks me up and distracts me too much thinking about it. I like to just put some good tracks on and zone out a bit. One more run before the 25 minuter!

• Hmm - sorry to spoil your illusions but 30 mins never gets easy! Maybe it gets easier, but the first 5-10 minutes are often a struggle. Maybe for those running marathons it's easy!

• With each increase I do I marvel at how I did it. The 5 minutes felt like the new 3 minutes, the 8 minutes felt like the new 5. When I did 20, 8 minutes was a relief! I said the day will come, not that it will come soon!

• Graduation will come sooner than you expect! You're doing great!

• Woo Hoo Hannah !

Go you ! Well done on your PBs ! :-)

Keep going, youre doing great ! :-) xxx

• Well done, Hannah! Fantastic times and great progress 🤗

• Brilliant... keep on running:)

You may also like...