Week 7

Hiya I wish I'd found this forum 7 weeks ago! I've really enjoyed reading people's posts and find them very inspiring!

I'm on week 7 of the plan (I'm doing it through a local running club) so it's not exactly the same as the app (which I've used in the past)

I'm due to go out for a 25 min run later today I'm very nervous as the longest I've managed so far is 15miutes and that was a struggle.

14 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done with the runniing! Slow down, and then slow down some more, and concentrate on your running form. You CAN do it!

• Thanks for the reply I think if I slow down any further I'll stop. My pace is so slow it's rather embarressing sometimes I think walkers will pass me as I "run" (shuffle) by.

• Speed depends on the point of view; when you think you're too slow, remember that you are travelling at about 1000 miles per hour even when you're sitting on your couch... :D

• Love your slant on things.. always makes me smile :)

• I'm glad it does. :)

• Me too! Then I have to put on a spurt to get past some walkers and hold my breath so they can't hear me gasping!

• Haha I like it!

Glad it's not just me then. Feel like I'm constantly apologising for my slow pace at club but hey go I'll get faster one day

• Well done you...but slow and steady is the way!!!

• Well I did my 25 minutes of shuffling yay go me! Can't wait to one day be able to run for 25minutes at a decent pace and be able to breath and enjoy it lol

• It will come. And sooner than you think too!

• Well done Pops !

25 minutes non stop is no mean feat, you should feel very proud of yourself ! :-) xxx

• Thank you! It was very tough but I did it ☺️☺️

• sure you'll be fine - these programmes build gradually to prepare you for the longer runs - just try to run at your own pace - hard in a group Iknow - but the nack of the longer runs is to keep them slow and steady

• sorry - just realised you did do it - see I knew you could :)

You may also like...