If I can do it, so can you!

I used to have a little motto... "I never run". I wouldn't even run for a bus but would rather wait for the next one to come along.

Today, I completed wk6 run 3. I still cannot believe that I actually ran for 25 minutes. In my mind, I thought I would run for 20 and then when Laura said "You've got 5 minutes to go", I'd give up. But at that point, I suddenly had some extra boost from somewhere and kept going all the way to the end.

I can't say I have got the point where I actually enjoy it yet - it still feels like a cross between torture and an endurance test - but I really enjoy the fact that I have done it. And I can join all the other smug people who say "I went for a run this morning" !!

5 Replies

oldest • newest
  • Well done Helen3boys. i have just completed week 5 so a week behind you but I think i can say I am enjoying it! Hopefully you will be able to say that soon.

• Well done! I'm enjoying it (so far) but have just done w5r1 and am dreading r3 this week....will I be able to do it?

• Well done Helen 3 boys, You will begin to enjoy it, I am doing week 6 run 2 tonight, don't know what to expect...Yikes!

AliB1, It won't be as bad as you imagine, I promise! :)

• I will hold you to that PatButcher :)

• I remember that run - the elation! I too never run :-). No stopping you now. Don't be too worried if the next run is hard - even the shorter ones. Sometimes that's just the way it is. Just remember you've done it before and you can do it again.

You may also like...