Wk4 RUN1 - mind over matter

First run of week 4 and I realised this is as much about building mental stamina as it is physical. First 3 minutes I was worrying about the next 5 minutes. Then spent the first part of the 5 min run thinking about giving up. I didn't give up although it was really tough and that's when the penny dropped that I was making it tough with my negativity.

Once I'd conquered the first 5 minute run I went into the second with loads more confidence. It felt better than the first and less painful too.

Not ashamed to shout from the roof tops that I am super duper proud of myself 👟👟🏆

7 Replies

• Very well done, good on you... Encouraging too as I'll be attempting WK4 very soon and a little apprehensive too! Keep it up! Nat 😄

• non-runner here, did wk4 r1 this morn. Was also rather anxious, it seems like such a big jump. Slow and steady and a lot of it is def in the head. I read somehwhere on this forum: "Can you breathe, are you in pain? If not, no need to stop!" I apply it to myself a lot on my "runs". Achey knees and hips not but hey I did it! And so can you!

• Well done - good realisation feeling isn't it !!

• Wahay and a yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeha for you. Well done! You're doing great. Keep up the good work x

• I saw your post title and couldn't openoup your post fast enough! Off to do week 4 run 1 myself tonight and feeling apprehensive to say the least.

Your words of encouragement help no end. WELL DONE you!!!

• I'm also starting W4 tonight and am feeling a tad nervous about it. I will keep telling myself that it is mind over matter and I can push myself and do a little more. Looking forward to the feeling of progression once I've finished (hopefully)!! x

• I did week 4 r1 on sat, r2 tonight! It was tough, especially the last 5 mind were slightly up hill - going to do it in reverse order today!

You may also like...