I ran for 20 minutes!

Hello

I meant to post this straight away but had a hectic weekend.

I can't believe I did the 20 minute run on Friday as planned! I had to run in the evening for the first time and was worried this would make it harder, but it didn't. I bumped into two people as I was about to start, and wondered whether this was a sign that the run was not meant to be, but eventually I got going.

I looked a bit demented because every time Laura spoke to me, I got a huge smile on my face and felt a bit tearful! When I finished I was grinning from ear to ear, walking through town, for the first time not thinking that I looked out of place in a pair of trainers.

It made me believe that it is only my mind that is stopping me.

I know I've got another four weeks but this felt like a really big milestone, I can't wait to graduate now!

Thanks for all your lovely, supportive comments xx

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • That 20 min run is a buzz isn 't it?! Well done and good luck with the next four weeks!

• Way to go!!! That run is a tear-jerker. It's really great to reflect back on how far you've come. Well done.

• Well done! This really is a milestone in the C25K journey and very emotional too :) Happy running :)

• Just posted a very similar message before reading this and my goodness, nice to know I'm not alone in (almost) becoming a madly sobbing, joyful wreck following this run. Sure feels good, doesn't it?! Well done :D

You may also like...