Yay we did it :D

Yay we did it :D

I just completed my Week 1 Day 1 run. Now that I have rested and caught my breath back, and no longer looking like a bright red tomato, thought I'd check in.

My 14 year old son came with me and we took our dog, it went really well for the first 18 minutes, then I tripped over a stone in the woods And it pulled the front of my trainer apart :/ so from then on I had a flappy shoe hahha . My son found it hilarious. Other than that it went really well and I'm actually looking forward to my next one xx

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

15 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done for taking the first step! It's a wonderful journey, difficult at times but so rewarding at the end! I run with my 9 year old daughter, it's nice to have a bit of company, and I'm never one to miss an opportunity to embarrass her!!! Lol

• Thank you, yes it was nice to have him there, although he talks far too much and I didn't have much breath to keep answering him haha, and it's our job to embarrass them ;)

• well done, the 1st one is often the hardest :D time for some new running shoes?

• Haha yes I will order some now 😂

• Well done both of you. You will be lucky to keep a fourteen year old in sight as the weeks progress, but stick with it and you will never regret it.

• Ha, yes I had to get him to slow down and wait for me :D and thank you, we are both really proud of taking the first step.

• He is the perfect age to get the most out of parkrun in a few weeks time and it will give you the excuse to let him go at his own pace. good luck, keep us posted.

• Yes sounds perfect for him, and we will be regular posters :)

• Brilliant ! Well done to both of you :-) xxx

• Thanks :D so chuffed we got off our bums and did it, new trainers ordered and looking forward to Sunday for our next one. xx

• Forgot to say its because we all get every excited about seeing new trainers

• Well done to both of you. You know you will have to post a picture of your new trainers here.

• Thank you. Hahhaa I will. I would post my flappy one's but they are long gone hehe.

• Well done! Just read your previous posts, (and had to google like so many others) - so double well done, for raising awareness about Battens and for your first run! xx

• Thank you, Just glad that more people are now a bit more aware of such a cruel Disease xx

You may also like...