First running 5K!

So, today I made my aim distance and not time! I wanted to see if I could do 5K and how long it would take me!

Fitbit app vs. Fitbit watch gave me different distances (hmm) but if we go with the toughest judge (the app) I ran 5.1K in 42:33!

I'm just happy I did the distance really, and now I have a time to work off. Also quite pleased I could run 12 minutes longer than I have before without too much problem!

Hopefully I can get to do a park run either next week or the week after! Also going to look at the C25K+ podcasts next I think, as many have advised.

Happy running everyone! X

9 Replies

• Brilliant - well done!

• Well done and keep going, speed and stamina with come in time

• I did the same distance - on week 7, run 2 and instead of doing 25 mins, kept going! Feel a bit achy but know what 5k feels like and did 5.2 km in 45 mins which is steady rather than fast but it is the distance we are aiming for - miracle I can even run that far and for that long. Think we could do parkrun very soon - eek! I'm going to go along and help on Saturday and then could build it into my weekly runs - couple of weeks before I graduate, then flying the nest 😀!

• Congrats

• Brilliant Well done! I'm aiming for park runs too this winter.. I did a 28 minute run last night, my first for 2.5 weeks due to holidays, and I can't wait to do the 5k. I am nearly there, another 1/2k to go!

• Well done! First 5k of many!

• well done :) plenty of time to work on pace and stamina and get that time down :)

• That's excellent! The perfect way to approach it - no pressure, just getting there. Well done!

• Well done :)

You may also like...