Finished! Done it! Week 9 run 3 and 5K!!! Where's the prosecco...😊

Finished! Done it! Week 9 run 3 and 5K!!! Where's the prosecco...😊

Well, I've done it! Who'd have thought it back at the end of May when I had difficulty keeping going for 60 seconds!! I did Week 9 run 3 this morning, and I kept going a bit longer until mapmyrun told me I'd got up to 5K ( just under 35 mins - and I don't care how slow that is, I'm just so chuffed to have completed the programme and actually kept going for 5K!!)

I know I haven't posted that often but I'm really grateful to everyone who's given me encouragement along the way! Now, off to find my badge - yay!!!

Skip

Featured Content

HealthUnlocked User Stories

How did you improve your fitness, general well-being or cope with your illness?

Share your story

Featured by HealthUnlocked

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

20 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Yikes, that photo is enormous!! Sorry!!! 😱

• Well done JulietB! That is so brilliant. I've got 3 weeks to go. Speed doesn't matter, it's a huge achievement. Many congrats!!!!

• Thank you! Ooh you're nearly there too😊

• Well done!! :-)

• Thank you!!

• Congratulation Juliet!

That's serendipity indeed... 5km = 500 calories = 2 large glasses of prosecco :-)

• Haha - there were indeed two large glasses, so that's all good 😊🍸thank you!

• Juliet, 35 minutes for 5k is a very respectable time, especially for a first one. Congrats on graduating and for a new PB for 5k!

• Thank you! I've no idea on speed, I just slow down if I'm getting puffed! Seems to have worked so far 😊

• Well done Juliet !

Happy Graduation Day and 35 minutes is an excellent time for a first 5k ,in fact for any 5k !

Get yer feet up now lass and chill out, you deserve it , Congratulations ! :-) xxx

• Thank you 😊it's a great feeling! Onwards and upwards ( actually NOT upwards...not yet anyway!!)

• Brilliant Juliet! Congratulations! Now go enjoy that prosecco! :-D

• I did 😊thank you!

• Congratulations! - and a very respectable time for a 5k well done!

Now you can plan all sorts of lovely new running adventures.

• Thank you! Yes, I think I'll try the next podcasts - I need something structured or I'll never stick to this running lark😊 the C25K has worked so well, I think I'd just like more of the same!

• Congratulations, that's a Bloomin' good time for a first ever 5k. Well done :)

• Thank you 😊😊

• I see your badge!!! Woooohoooo. Congratulations and cheers! The badge looks very nice!

Well done Juliet. Now the real work starts. C25k+ podcasts could be your next step

• Thank you 😊yes, that's my plan I think!

• Congratulations!!

You may also like...