Couch to 5K

Woohoo I'm back!!

Five weeks to the day after the horrible hip pain put paid to my running, I finally got out there again today! Did 25 minutes and all seems well. It was my first run in the rain too - haven't been actively avoiding wet runs, it's just been quite a dry year I think.

Have put together a programme of hip strengthening exercises which I've been doing since Monday. I can feel muscles I never knew existed!!

Anyway it was great and I am soooooo happy \o/

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Really pleased for you - good luck!

1 like

Welcome back! 25 minutes is a great start after that length of absence.

1 like

Thank you!i was a bit surprised I managed that long but very chuffed. I missed it!

Brilliant Arry ! Really pleased for you ! :-)

And in the rain too - Fab ! :-) xxx

Thank you! The rain was quite fun - nice not to be too hot!

I love running in the rain, really helps cooling you down xxx

Excellent news. Strengthening exercises are da bomb, you'll continue to get better and stronger!

Thanks! Should've started them sooner I suppose... still, on it now and that's what counts!!

hello and welcome back... ive had a bit of a dicky hip for a few weeks now it only happens when i finish my run ive tried stretches etc but its more of a niggle like for instance when i am getting in bed and turn over i can feel it stretching if you know what i mean its not painful more of a nuisance. what exercises have you been doing?

Hi! Sorry for the delay getting back to you - been on a very exciting day out to Edgbaston today!!

I am using these runnersconnect.net/running-... and so far so good.

You may also like...